Translate

11 setembro 2022

Soutache Workshop

On 3rd September, I took a virtual workshop in Soutache Embroidery by The Bead Shop Nottingham.

It was my first time doing soutache embroidery and it was great fun. 

The instructor was the lovely Steph who demonstrated everything and we embroidered along with her. We were able to make a great part of this gorgeous pendant. 

We have used three colours of soutache braid and three sizes of beads. Everything is joined by Nymo thread (I had to colour mine later with a marker as I did not have the adequate colour, it was almost white) and a 12 beading needle. 

One has the option to take the workshop with or without the materials. I really had to choose the non-material option as there was not enough time for the materials to reach me in time – now it takes four weeks since there is a border and orders have to go through customs.

I have bought several times from this great bead shop (I just wish there was something like this in Portugal – sigh) but this is the first time I do a project from the shop. 

My first purchase were the small silver plated bookmarks above back in 2012 about which I blogged here.

Have you ever tried soutache embroidery? 

I have really learned a lot from the workshop, I now feel confident to try new projects. 



Links

The Bead Shop Nottingham

Soutache Embroidery Virtual Workshop

YouTube channel (more than 100 videos)

instagram 

facebook

1 comentário:

  1. You did great! I've taken lessons in soutache but found it's not my thing. I even have an unfinished bracelet in my stash that I can't get myself to dismantle :( I think that adding new techniques to our repertoire is vital for our work.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...